QA Test Lead
Work as part of the Business Systems team to create and implement a QA methodology including Functional and Regression testing and QA test automation.
Skills & Requirements
- Relevant IT Tertiary Qualification
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience in an environment that services a full range of business requirements
- QA Test automation – Selenium, Sahi, Fitnesse, Cucumber
- Virtualization tools – e.g. VMWare, Xen
- Database management tools for SQL Server and Oracle
- Industry standard QA methodologies including Functional, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Some demonstrable development experience required
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with industry standard QA best practices and methodologies
- Experience with QA test automation tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience in Retail, Payments or Banking environment is preferred
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration/Delivery using automated testing.
- Experience with Postman, Newman and automation tools such as CasperJS, Codeception or similar
Define and implement QA methodologies for use in the Business Systems team, including:
- Functional Testing – including test plans
- Regression Testing – including regression test checklists
- User Acceptance Testing – including end-user sign-off documents
Write and maintain test plans based on business and functional requirement specifications:
- Work with the Business Systems Manager and development team lead to translate specifications into test plans.
- Build out and maintain a central set of test plans that covers all existing and new functionality of the business systems.
Perform Functional and Regression testing on all business systems and log bugs in the team issue tracking and planning system:
- Where required work with the development team to troubleshoot the system to help identify the root cause of bugs.
Assist end-users with User Acceptance testing:
- Where required work with the Business Systems Manager and end-user to help them perform User Acceptance Testing.
Define and implement an automated testing environment to test the relevant areas of all business systems based on priorities defined by the Business Systems Manager:
- Use industry standard automation tools to set up automated test scripts for both user interfaces and back-end server interfaces.
- Work with the development team to create and automate a Daily Build and Test (DBAT) environment.
Provide leadership and mentorship to other QA team members:
- Train new QA team members on the methodologies, tools and test scripts used by the team.
- Help QA team members understand existing functionality and new functional requirements and functionality.
Contribute to the team in general:
- Contribute to the user interface design of the overall system as part of the team.
- Attend and contribute to all team meetings including Agile Sprint planning and reviews
- Plan and track all tasks using the Agile planning boards and tools
- Furthering the testing best practices already established in line with industry standards.
- Ensuring that a suitable and consistent testing methodology is employed across – for manual, automated and user acceptance tests.
- Stakeholder reporting: reporting test progress, results and key metrics to stakeholders at agreed intervals.
- Oversight and development of the manual and automated regression test packs.
- Driving testing within the organization and ensuring that it continues to be a valued and necessary part of the application lifecycle.